Welcome to the Membership Application Page for AMTSO.
AMTSO was founded in 2008 as a not-for-profit organization that is committed to improving the objectivity, quality and relevance of testing methodologies through the development and publication of universally adopted standards and guidelines for anti-malware testing.
AMTSO is always willing to consider new members that are sincerely interested in helping improve the state of the art with respect to the testing and verification of security solutions.
AMTSO Membership Benefits
Joining AMTSO provides the following benefits:
- Community: Participation on the AMTSO membership email list and forums, allowing exposure to ongoing dialogue about current and relevant issues related to organizational activities and actions.
- AMTSO project participation: AMTSO members can shape and participate in AMTSO projects such as the Real-Time Threat List (RTTL) and the Security Features Setting Check. The level of access may vary based on membership category.
- Participation at twice-yearly members meetings: AMTSO typically convenes a meeting of members twice a year. Meetings are two days in length and AMTSO members in good standing can attend for free.
- Sub-committee participation: Membership provides nomination rights on AMTSO subcommittees. Each member or member company shall have the ability to nominate one person for any AMTSO subcommittee.
- Voting Rights: Each AMTSO Participating Member shall be entitled to one vote on all AMTSO general actions. A Participating Member shall be either the unaffiliated individual, or a company. No one member organization shall be entitled to more than one vote on any single issue.
Companies can join AMTSO in the following categories:
- Vendor: Anti-Malware/Security vendor who develops or maintains its own products.
- Tester: Testers of Anti-Malware. A 50% discount applies to tester memberships.
- Academic: Open to accredited institutes of higher education. A 50% discount applies to academic memberships.
- Corporate: Any legitimate legal entity.
- Platform: Open to platforms manufacturers that allow security software to be installed.
Please note that membership in any category is subject to approval by the AMTSO board.
AMTSO Membership Fees for 2014
AMTSO is a not-for-profit corporation; as such, yearly membership fees change year to year in order to cover our running costs. The annual AMTSO membership fee for 2014 has been set at 2,500 Euros.
Membership fees shall accrue on January 1st of each year following your first year of membership. Your membership fee entitles you to membership for the period commencing with the date your application is accepted through to the next January 1st. If your membership application is accepted after July 1st then the fee is halved and entitles you to membership from such date through to the next January 1st.
If you are interested in joining now, please complete our membership query form.